Like many, I overindulged this Christmas. I just couldn’t resist all the wicked desserts and mulled wine!
So I am starting 2016 off with plenty of good food choices but I still have cravings for cakes and biscuits!
To help with this small inconvenience, I’ve made some delicious sugar free, vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies.
I keep them in the freezer, that way when I have the urge to bury my face in a bowl of chocolate all I have to do is open the freezer door and bingo, I will be saved from sin!
I adore these little cookie bites, so simple but deliciously mouth watering.
If you too have made resolutions to eat better this year, I hope these beauties will help you stick to your goals !
We can do this!
Happy 2016 Beautiful People x
Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies
- 8oz / ¼ cup of Almonds
- Half a jar of 100% Peanut Butter (I used Merdian)
- 1 Tablespoon of Raw Organic Coconut Oil
- 2oz/ ¼ cup of Raw Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 5 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup or Honey.
- Soak Almonds for a couple of hours or preferably overnight in water. Drain and place into a blender with 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil and whizz until combined.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll into a ball then flatten. Place on greaseproof paper and repeat until all the mixture has been used, it will make approximately 9 cookies.
- Spoon Peanut Butter on top of the cookies and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Melt the Coconut Oil in a saucepan on low. Remove from the heat, add the Cocoa Powder and Maple Syrup or Honey. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes (Don’t leave too long or the chocolate will harden.)
- Remove the cookies from the freezer and spoon over the chocolate mixture. Place back in the freezer for another hour.
- They can then be left in the freezer and taken out as needed or kept in the fridge.